Welcome to libtree’s documentation!¶
libtree is a Python library which assists you in dealing with large, hierarchical data sets. It runs on top of PostgreSQL 9.5 and is compatible with all major Python interpreters (2.7, 3.3-3.5, PyPy2 and PyPy3).
Why use libtree? Because...
- the usage is super simple (see Quickstart)
- it scales up to billions of nodes (see Database Model)
- the reads and writes are blazingly fast (Benchmarks will be available soon)
- it supports attribute inheritance (see Property functions)
But there’s even more, libtree...
- offers thread-safety by working inside transactions
- enforces integrity by moving tree logic to inside the database
- provides a convenient high level API and fast low level functions
- core is fully integration tested, the testsuite covers >90% of the code
- User Guide
- Tree object
- Transaction objects
- Node object
- Core functions
- Database Model